May 28, 2012

Dear journal: big question



"[Someone responding to the fact that I will be working at SpringHill this summer] 'Are you ready to be changed for life?' It kind of took me aback, seemed like a pretty big question for just a summer job.  Making SpringHill feel like such a big and important thing, the butterflies starts dancing in my stomach as I started to worry if I had made the right choice for my summer.

As I was reflecting back on the question later I realized I don't need to worry about who I will be at the end of the SpringHill.  God has placed me in SpringHill for a reason, and ultimately God has only by best in mind for me.  He will use SpringHill to help shape me into who He wants me to be.

Through Kenya and Haiti God placed me there in those countries, with those specific people for a reason and as a result I came back changed.  My view of life had become wider, my view of self smaller and my view of God bigger.  I wouldn't trade those experiences for the world, Kenya and Haiti are forever apart of who I am.

So in answer to the question, yes I am ready to be forever changed because of SpringHill, and I can't wait to see the results!"


So what do you think of this new series?!  I'm excited to see where it goes, hopefully I'll be able to keep it up while I'm at SpringHill, letting you see into my summer!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...