December 24, 2011

Tomorrow is Christmas


Today's Christmas Eve!!  Hard to believe it's here already, seems like just yesterday I was standing in line on Black Friday outside of Target.  


This season I'm trying not to get caught up in the hustle and bustle, instead focus on my family and create new memories along the way.  Sometimes they may drive me a little stir crazy, but then I remember this too will be just a distant memory soon. 

Next year I could be away at a University instead of studying local, not able to fully live life with them day in and out.  The little moments when Fairygirl tells me she doesn't want me to ever get married, but be her big sister forever.
Whispered conversations with Soccergirl about boys at midnight, wouldn't be possible through Skype.
And morning belly laughs with Littleman can't happen away at College.

The time will come when I will go away to College, but not now.  Instead I'm going to soak up every moment I can, including Christmas Eve; tonight when we dawn our new Christmas pajamas, my heart may ache but at the same time, thankful for extra time spent together.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...