August 20, 2011

You is kind, You is smart, You is important




Over my family vacation my book of choice was "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett.  I had previously read it last fall, so I knew the basic plot but had forgotten the details which truly made the book.  As I was reading it again, I remembered just why I loved this book!  Seriously, there is so much growth within the characters you feel like you really know them at the end.




This lovely lady and myself had both read the book and were very excited to see the movie in theaters!  I think we both were crying throughout the whole thing, very powerful.  Need less to say I can't wait to see it again, and again.  It was greatly done, not as great as the book in my opinion.  But as the case goes, the book is always better then the movie. :)

"You is kind, you is smart, you is important"  something none of us can EVER hear too much.

2 comments:

Prince Andrew and the Queen Mum said...

ooo.. that looks good! I had not heard of it but might download to the kindle today! i need a novel to read.

Unknown said...

It really is, one of the better books I've read this year. It's so powerful and well written, very much worth the time. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...