December 13, 2012

Reason for the silence


You may have noticed the silence, it was intentional.



These past few months have been a dozy of a season, and for some reason I didn't feel comfortable sharing it here, too personal I guess.  Because I kept it private, I started to feel like this space was becoming plastic, showcasing a happy life oozing with perfection, when in reality, my life is nothing close to perfection.

Back in September, my norm shattered, I didn't know what to do with myself, I have never felt so alone before.  I remember once, when I was driving home, after a conversation with a (now) friend, I started crying, pleading with God to show me the way through this mess.

Through my loneliness I got a front row seat watching God work, things started coming on the horizon, new relationships, new adventures and new dreams.  None of these things were even on my thought horizon three months ago.  He came in and breathed new creation within my soul.

I'm in a new chapter now, I still have my moments when I long for the "used to be" but those moments are becoming few and far in-between.  There is a reason for the new and a reason for the old, I choose not dwell on the "what ifs" and rest in Him instead.



"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, 
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, 
plans to give you hope and a future."     
---   Jeremiah 29:11   ---

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...