June 27, 2011

diy chalk board




I took just some scrap wood (found in my garage) and transformed it into a cute black chalk board!  Not only was it simple it was also cheep too!


I first sanded my wood.  When you sand you want to make sure you go with the grain of the wood.


Then I applied this lovely paint.  The way my directions worked I did two coats then let it fully dry over night.  The next morning it was ready for use!


Again when you paint, just like sanding you go with the grain of the wood.


And this was my pretty end product!  Something fun and simple that helped feed my diy craving!  The only problem, now I want to try something alittle bigger and that takes more time.  I'll have to see what I can come up with! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...