November 26, 2010

Day 3, 4 and 5 of Thankfulness

    


Alright, so I feel behind.  But I'm getting caught up with one giant thankful post!

Prosperity.  Something that mostly everyone in America is privilege to.  Most of the time we don't even know it, I didn't but then my eyes were opened.
  
Two summers ago I went on a mission trip to Kenya.  I thought I knew what poverty looked like.  I was wrong.  These people had hardly anything.  The women travel for miles just to receive a few gallons of water each day. Just for one day!  The next day they have to do it all over again.  They try to grow food, but to no avail because they are in a sever drought.  So severe that in order to dig for water they must go down fifty feet and deeper just to possibly tape water.  And here I am with a clean glass of water within arms reach whenever I want it.  I don't have to put forth any effort.  Just turn a handle.

a new well digging in process, so deep you can't see the bottom from this angle

a cement tube used for holding water
passing out maze (corn) to the people in the bush.

making dinner using maze

Are these people ungrateful?  Ready to turn their backs on God?  No.  These people have such joy and hope for the future.  They have faith in God to provide for their everyday needs and He does.  And they thank Him for it with everything they have.  

So these past few days I've been thankful for the food and clean water that I have access to.  God has blessed my family with so much.  Now I'm challenging you along with myself to seek ways to bless others with what we have been blessed with.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...