September 9, 2013

Mitten ---> Sunshine

In just over two short weeks I will say goodbye to America's high five and say hello to the sunshine state!  Yep, I'll be living in Florida for the rest of 2013, where I will be doing DTS (Discipleship Training School) through YWAM (Youth With A Mission) at their Orlando location.

From September 26th to December 20th I will be working on the first phase of the DTS program, the lecture phase, where I will be taking Bible classes, working with local outreach, and learning about my outreach location.  After Christmas break, I will start the second phase of my DTS, the outreach portion.  From Early January to the end of February I will be living in a foreign country putting the skills and tools I have learned from my lecture phase to use!

At this time my outreach could be in one of four locations, Haiti and The Dominic Republic, India, Jordan or East Asia.  Because I am doing a photography DTS, I, along with my fellow photography peers, will be the team photojournalist for our trip!

As I finish my last two weeks at home I ask you for prayers - for Christ to start preparing my heart for what He has to teach me, for last minute details to go smoothly and for me to see His presence in everything I do.

Since May this has been on the horizon, and now I'm just a few mere days away from it coming to fruition!  I still have my moments when fear of the unknown causes me to doubt what God has planned.  But I know this, He has gone before me into the unknown, so instead of looking at it with fear I now look at the unknown with excitement and anticipation in how I will be able to watch and experience God at work in and around me.  

<<<: A great adventure awaits :>>>

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...