March 16, 2011

My prayer

My Haiti trip is right around the corner and I'm anxious.  Anxious of the different dynamics. Anxious over the details. Anxious of the travel.  Anxious of just about everything. 

On my first 'big' mission trip it was an amazing journey.  I have never experienced anything like it before.  I had great teammates, great leadership, and jaw dropping experiences with God. 

I'm worried my Haiti mission trip won't measure up.  I feel like nothing would compare to what happened in Kenya.  But I want something amazing to happen in Haiti as well, I want this trip to be a life changer.  A week of my life that I can look back on and say God shaped me.

Then I realise Haiti and Kenya are so different but they both contain an important thing.  Different people, different country, different circumstances yes.  But they both contain God's presence, He was moving and breathing in Kenya and He is moving and breathing in Haiti.

My prayer leading up to April 1st is that I would catch a glimpse of Him while on this trip.  Nothing else will matter,  all I want is a glimpse of God's work in Haiti.  Now I just need to take a deep breath and rest in His peace.  He has something amazing in store, I just don't know it yet.






Kenya and Haiti so different but God is present in both.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...